Monday, February 8, 2010

15 to my 22

 

Have you discovered www.pamie.com? You should.

 

How i discovered Pamie:

Years ago me and my friend were the only ones watching The West Wing. One night he couldn't so he told me to watch (I think it was a season finale) and tell him what happened. I watched, but I couldn’t tell him what happened because I don't understand much? Because I’m not American? So I took to Yahoo Search(it was days of yore) and found recaps on MightybigTV. I gave him the link but he refused to read because it was pages long, and was all "Just tell me what happened! In your own words!! GOURD!!"

From then onwards MightybigTV, and then TelevisionWithoutPity, became my best friend. Pamie was a writer on twop, and one of the shows she recapped was Gilmore Girls. I love her to death.

 

Why I love Pamie:

1. As a writer she is very, very creative, and i am always inspired in the more than one ways she could tell a story

2. She has cats.

3. She has written 2 books and a third is coming out

4. She ran the marathon and is a derby roller girl. Kick. Ass.

 

Currently she is writing/reviewing about letters she wrote when she was 15. This series is so, so, so, so, good. It’s hilarious to the nth-degree, but the best part is while you're laughing, you have also been there, which means that you're actually laughing at yourself. Oh, mighty fine times.

 

Anyway, people sometimes asks me how I write (they don't really; I just imagine that they do. I have a very active imagination. Very. Active), the truth is, I read twop a lot, a lot lot, so actually I just copy their style. I don't have my own style. It all belongs to other people. Now that this secret is out I shall desist writing. But who has time to write (or meet new people, or get out of the house) anyway because I am planning to read fifty books this year. Five-oh, like Hawaii.

 

A scene:

Mom: when are you getting married?

 

Me: mom! I’m reading fifty books this year! You know! <i>priorities!</i>

No comments: