Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Donna Tartt: The Secret History

I’d make this into a movie.

You know that guy on CSI: NY, the one who is blond and wears glasses? Kinda scrawny, a little nerdy? He’d be Bunny.

Camilla could be played by Reese Witherspoon. She’d be perfect, and I’d love to see her in a more serious, meatier role. No doubt Gwyneth Paltrow could pull Camilla off too, but I don’t like her very much.

Delicious James Franco could be Francis.

Who would be beautiful, stoic, almost unbreakable Henry? Christian freaking Bale.

I don’t know who could be Charles, though.

Richard would be Ethan Hawke channeling his Dead Poets Society days, or Matt Damon circa The Talented Mr. Ripley.

I realize these people are 10 and more years older than the characters, but then again they are not your average, normal 20-something-year olds. They are twisted and dark and young actors, the ones gracing The Gossip Girl or 90210? They don’t have an ounce of strength to pull it off.

No comments: